This document describes the general guidelines for deploying a CapaInstaller Agent to a computer running Microsoft Windows.
In order to establish a management connection you need to install the CapaInstaller Agent on all the computers you want to manage.
This can be done in a number of ways depending on your environment.
Deployment during OS Installation
Enable automatic deployment of configured agents using the integration option when setting the OSD server properties.
- Locate the server from where to deploy the agents
- Right click and select properties
- Choose the Integration tab and configure the ip ranges and points
Read more about OSD server properties
Deployment with CapaInstaller Console
In an infrastructure with a number of already deployed computers you need to deploy an agent to be able to manage them with CapaInstaller.
With administrative access it is also possible to perform the Agent installation manually.
- Download the CapaInstallerAgentSetup.exe and the corresponding configuration file from the /Resources/AgentInstaller folder on the Configuration Management Point share
- Run the installer and follow the guide OR run the installer silently on a command line with parameters
Read more about CapaInstallerAgentSetup.exe
Other Deployment Solutions
As the agent installer only needs a command line to be deployed, many different deployment solution can be used to deploy the CapaInstaller Agent.
With a solution in place that can execute installation files on remote computers, you can create a commandline installation script that suits your organization and add this to the solution. Read more about CapaInstallerAgentSetup.exe
With an Active Directory implemented, one possible way to deploy is to create a Active Directory Group Policy that runs an agent deployment script when the computer starts up. This approach delivers great flexibility in the way the agent is deployed but also requires some level of experience with Active Directory and scripting.
Read more about how to Assign Computer Startup Scripts