Sets the start mode for a specified service
Valid StartModes are:
- Boot: Device driver started by the operating system loader.
- System: Device driver started by the *IoInitSystem method. This value is valid only for driver services.
- Automatic: Service to be started automatically by the service control manager during system startup.
- AutomaticDelayed: Service to be started automatically and delayed by the service control manager during system startup.
- Manual: Service to be started by the service control manager when a process calls the *StartService method.
- Disabled: Service that can no longer be started.
Service_SetStartMode(sServiceName, sStartMode) As Boolean
Name of service
Start mode. Service Start Modes
When setting startmode of a service to AutomaticDelayed, it may only be shown in the Services Control Panel as Automatic until the computer is restarted. This does not affect the functionality of the startmode and the service will start delayed on next startup.
If bStatus Then bStatus = Service_SetStartMode("Service", SSM_Disabled)